The Blue Monday Band will be performing at 2:30 PM at Wellsfest this Saturday in Jamie Fowler Boyll Park, next to Smith-Wills field, on Lakeland, just east of I-55. Full lineup and details below
WellsFest, Jackson’s Original Music Festival, is in its 39th year. The festival has been named one of the Top 20 Events in the Southeast, has received the Governor’s Award for Excellence in The Arts, and has received the GIVE (Governor’s Initiative for Volunteer Excellence) Award.
Admission is FREE. 100% of the proceeds from this family-friendly music festival benefit a local non-profit. This year’s beneficiary is Operation Shoestring.
The festival kicks off with a pet parade at 9:30 a.m. followed by two stages of non-stop live music from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Entertainers generously donate their time and talent to provide continuous music throughout the day.
Here’s the lineup:
- 10 a.m. Jamie and Warren Ertle: Music from the Great American Songbook, Roaring 20’s and ragtime era.
- 10:45 a.m. Carson Stanford: Acoustic guitar and vocals.
- 11:30 a.m. New Bourbon Street Jazz Band: Music to transport you right to Preservation Hall in New Orleans.
- 12:15 p.m. The Jackson Gypsies: Latin favorites and “Latinize” rock and pop tunes. Salsa dancing allowed!
- 1 p.m. Raphael Semmes Quartet: Standards, BeBop, Latin and Funk from the Jackson Music Awards ”2023 Jazz Group of the Year.”
- 1:45 p.m. Smokies: A loud, proud favorite of the young set will be rockin’ with indies and originals.
- 2:30 p.m. The Blue Monday Band: The Monday night house band from Hal & Mal’s will be on stage to proclaim “Hey, hey…the Blues is Alright!”
- 3:15 p.m. Patrick Harkins Band: A Jackson favorite featuring Patrick’s blazing guitar and a set of classic rock, blues and Motown.
WellsFest also features:
– A play area for children, featuring easy-to-win games, inflatables and creative activities
– A variety of food and dessert trucks
– An online auction of goods and services donated by local merchants and restaurants
– Vendor booths with arts, crafts and more – A giant plant sale including unique and pass-a-long plants
For more information, including vendor registration info visit wellschurch.org/wellsfest or call Wells Church 601-353-0658.
Central MS Blues Society, Inc.