Clarksdale, Mississippi’s legendary bluesman BIG JACK JOHNSON passed away on Monday at 70 years old. Watch this space for updates regarding fundraisers, services and more……
• DONATIONS (Thank you!):
– USA/DOMESTIC – Donations to help defray the Big Jack Johnson family’s sizable medical and funeral expenses can be made out to “Angenette Johnson” (subject line: “For Big Jack Johnson”) and mailed to: First National Bank, 402 East 2nd St., Clarksdale, MS 38614 (662-627-3261).
– INTERNATIONAL – Wire Transfer information. Routing Number: 084201029 First National Bank, Clarksdale, Big Jack Johnson Foundation, Account # 213456.
• WED 3/16 @ 8PM – Ground Zero Blues Club (0 Blues Alley, Clarksdale, MS) – Big Jack Johnson fundraiser benefiting the Johnson Family, featuring All Night Long Blues Band, Terry “Big T” Williams and special guests.
• THURS 3/17 @ 8PM – Red’s Lounge (395 Sunflower Ave., Clarksdale, MS) – Big Jack Johnson fundraiser benefiting the Johnson Family, featuring Terry “Big T” Williams, Dick Lourie and special guests.
• FRI 3/18 – Delta Burial Corp. (429 Yazoo Ave., Clarksdale, 662-624-4161) – Visitation from 1pm-4pm for general public/blues fans, and from 6pm-8pm for family/close friends.
• SAT 3/19 @ 11AM – The Pinnacle (Coahoma Community College, 3240 Friars Point Rd., Clarksdale) – Funeral services. (Also, additional viewing at 10am.)
• SAT 3/19 – Red’s Lounge – Big Jack Johnson “Homegoing” with food, music, etc. immediately following the funeral services in the afternoon.
Condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Clarksdale blues legend BIG JACK JOHNSON who passed away on Monday morning, March 14, 2011. R.I.P.
Obituary from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/blue-notes/27866-mississippi-bluesman-big-jack-johnson-dies