Welcome to another “VIRTUAL” SOUNDS AROUND TOWN! Clarksdale, Mississippi, is world-famous for its 7 nights of live blues music every week (plus over a dozen annual festivals). During our current national health crisis, musicians and venues are moving to the worldwide web. Watch the virtual LIVE STREAM concerts below, and donate online to support those keeping the blues alive.
GO HERE for links to all of the shows below: www.LiveFromClarksdale.org
Wednesday, 4/29 – 8-9pm
– Lucious Spiller at home.
– 2-3pm – Lucious Spiller matinee at home.
– 7-8pm – Jaqueline “Jaxx” Nassar at home.
– 8pm – Ground Zero Blues Club Quarantine Series live watch party w/TBA.
Friday, 5/1 – 7pm – J.H. Sitton performs live.
Saturday, 5/2 – 6pm – Lala Craig live from Lala Land.
– 1-2pm – Mississippi Marshall’s Social Distancing Tour (every Sunday at 1pm).
– Deak Harp at Shorty’s Shotgun Shack in Shacksdale, MS.
Monday, 5/4 – 6-7:30pm – Walt Busby at Bluesberry Cafe.
Tuesday, 5/5 – 7-8pm – Mississippi Marshall at Hambone Art Gallery.
( All Clarksdale times are CDT. All performances also livestreamed on Instagram when possible: @SharedExperiencesUSA. Plus, follow via hashtag #LiveFromClarksdale on Facebook and Instagram.)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
UPDATED CLARKSDALE BUSINESS HOURS
CAT HEAD DELTA BLUES & FOLK ART (252 Delta Ave.)
FREE AUDIO WALKING TOUR (smartphone app)
Download the FREE app, and let 20 Clarksdale voices tell you stories as you walk around our historic downtown. Info: visitclarksdale.com/tours.
REWATCH “VIRTUAL JUKE JOINT FESTIVAL CELEBRATION”
Miss it? Watch now via www.livefromclarksdale.org/jukejointfestival.
PLAN NOW: 10/15-18 – Deep Blues Festival, deepbluesfest.com.