FERRIDAY SONG FEST
in Ferriday, Louisiana
(home of Delta Music Museum and “Mississippi to Louisiana” Blues Trail Marker)
Saturday, October 23, 2010 (9am-5pm) at The Arcade Theater (218 Louisiana Ave.)
Info at www.ferridaysongfest.com
LEARN THE SONGWRITING BUSINESS FROM THE PROS
Learn the art and business of songwriting from hit songwriters. The town of Ferriday welcomes this year’s featured panelists: Grammy-nominated Odie Blackmon, Grammy-winner Kenny Greenberg and three-time Grammy-winner Ashley Cleveland, who will discuss the do’s and don’ts and the ins and outs of songwriting, as well as critiquing one of your songs.
Attendees can bring one song to the workshop (CD format only) for critique by the panelists. Please include four typewritten copies of the song’s lyrics with your submission.
– Sign-in starts at 9 a.m.
– Workshop from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– 6 p.m. Open Mic at Bowie’s Tavern in Natchez, MS, followed by the pro-writer show.
– $20 advance reservation with guaranteed workshop seating as well as opportunity to play at open mic at Bowie’s Tavern, if you desire.
– $25 at the door, no guarantees.
– Price includes lunch and entry to writer night at Bowie’s Tavern
– Non-workshop attendees $5 cover charge at Bowie’s.
Workshop features the craft of songwriting, techniques in the creative process and insight into the music business. For complete details and pre-workshop registration visit www.ferridaysongfest.com.
The Ferriday Songfest is sponsored by the Natchez Grand Hotel, Bowie’s Tavern, Louisiana Representative Andy Anders, Phat River Studios, Tippitina’s Music Co-op, Louisiana Economic Development and The town of Ferriday.