Perhaps best known for its three possible Robert Johnson gravesites, Greenwood also features the Cottonlandia Museum, Alluvian Hotel and Viking Range headquarters. While live blues is a rarity in Greenwood these days, the coming week brings a celebration full of musical heavyweights.
Robert Johnson Centennial Celebration (Greenwood, MS)
– Thursday, May 5 – Cottonlandia Museum – “Robert Johnson Exposed” exhibit opening, 5pm
– Friday, May 6 – Robert Johnson Centennial Concert, Whittington Park – Bobby Rush, Jay Lang & Devil’s Due, Scott Ainslie. 6pm.
– Saturday May 7 – Robert Johnson Life & Legacy Panel, Tallahatchie Tavern, Money Rd. – moderated by Jim O’Neal, 11am.
– Saturday, May 7 – Robert Johnson Centennial Concert, Whittington Park – Honeyboy Edwards, Kenny Brown, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Cedric Burnside, Lightnin’ Malcolm, Jerry Fair, Keb Mo, Warren Haynes Band, RJG. 2pm.
– Sunday, May 8 – Community Church Service, Little Zion M.B. Church, Money Rd. – Guest preacher Steve Johnson, Robert Johnson’s grandson. 2pm.
MORE INFO: www.greenwoodms.org or 662-453-9197.