Welcome to another “VIRTUAL” SOUNDS AROUND TOWN! Clarksdale, Mississippi, is world-famous for its 7 nights of live blues music every week (plus over a dozen annual festivals). During our current national health crisis, musicians and venues are moving to the worldwide web. Watch the virtual LIVE STREAM concerts below, and donate online to support those keeping the blues alive.
GO HERE for links to most of shows below: www.LiveFromClarksdale.org
Wednesday, 5/20 – 8pm
– Lucious Spiller at home.
– 2pm – Lucious Spiller (Lucci Spiller Facebook page).
– Lala Craig in a special show featuring the music that influenced her.– 8pm
– Ground Zero Blues Club Quarantine Series live watch party w/Ben Wiley Payton featuring Randy “Da Bones Man” Seppala
Friday, 5/22 – 6pm – Terry “Harmonica” Bean is back at Cat Head.
– 6pm – Sean “Bad” Apple live from the new Bad Apple Blues Club in downtown Clarksdale.
– 8:30pm-ish – Lucious Spiller (Lucci Spiller Facebook page).
– 1-2pm – Mississippi Marshall’s Social Distancing Tour (every Sunday at 1pm).
– 2pm – Gary Vincent from Clarksdale Sound Stage.
Monday, 5/25 – 6pm – Lucious Spiller celebrates Memorial Day at Bluesberry Cafe.
Tuesday, 5/26 – 7-8pm – Stan Street & Jacqueline Nassar at Hambone Art Gallery.
All Clarksdale times are CDT.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
UPDATED CLARKSDALE BUSINESS HOURS:
CAT HEAD DELTA BLUES & FOLK ART:
FREE AUDIO WALKING TOUR (smartphone app):
Download the FREE app to tour Clarksdale in-person and online. Info: visitclarksdale.com/tours.
VIRTUAL TOUR BY DELTA BLUES MUSEUM:
WATCH “VIRTUAL JUKE JOINT FESTIVAL CELEBRATION”:
WATCH “JUKE JOINT FESTIVAL REVISITED”: