Welcome to another “VIRTUAL” SOUNDS AROUND TOWN! Clarksdale, Mississippi, is world-famous for its 7 nights of live blues music every week (plus over a dozen annual festivals). During our current national health crisis, musicians and venues are moving to the worldwide web. Watch the virtual LIVE STREAM concerts below, and donate online to support those keeping the blues alive.
GO HERE for links to all of the shows below: www.LiveFromClarksdale.org.
– 7pm – Seth Hill from home.
– 8pm – Lucious Spiller at home.
– 2-3pm – Lucious Spiller live matinee for friends overseas.
– 8pm – Ground Zero Blues Club Quarantine Series w/Keith Johnson & George Mumford.
Friday, 5/15 – 6pm – Bill Abel makes his Facebook livestream debut.
Saturday, 5/16 – 6pm – Anthony “Big A” Sherrod at Cat Head Delta Blues & Folk Art.
– 1-2pm – Mississippi Marshall’s Social Distancing Tour (every Sunday, 1pm).
– 2-3pm – Deak Harp show.
Monday, 5/18 – 6-7pm – Watermelon Slim & The Truckers at Bluesberry Cafe.
Tuesday, 5/19 – 7-8pm – Jaxx Nassar & Stan Street at Hambone Art Gallery.
All Clarksdale times are CDT.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
UPDATED CLARKSDALE BUSINESS HOURS:
CAT HEAD DELTA BLUES & FOLK ART:
FREE AUDIO WALKING TOUR (smartphone app):
Download FREE Audio Walking Tour of our historic downtown. Info: visitclarksdale.com/tours.
VIRTUAL TOUR BY DELTA BLUES MUSEUM:
WATCH “VIRTUAL JUKE JOINT FESTIVAL CELEBRATION”:
WATCH “JUKE JOINT FESTIVAL REVISITED”:
PLAN NOW: 2021 Juke Joint Festival, jukejointfestival.com.